Join us at eco living Portugal
Rural living Portugal at Quinta Rural
Co-Creating the Future of Living
Eco Living Portugal Pioneers wanted for start up small scale ecological living community with established glamping / B&B accommodations in the mountains of North Portugal.
We are looking for passionate, practical and fun dreamers and diggers. People who are ready to ´move to the country´ and create a new life for themselves and maybe even their family. People who want to be less of a mindless consumer 😉 People who need and love nature, need outdoor time, enjoy creating, building, making their hands dirty. People who don´t want to be locked down in the office all day, doing what you´re told to do. People full of ideas and with the energy, skills and resilience to make them real and successful. People with a desire to live a life like ours: in North Portugal, up in the mountains, harsh, pure, lovely, rough, hard, rewarding and free!
By the way: we are not looking to create some kind of spiritual community, nor will we spend hours on talking about our emotions. Any hard feelings occur on the road? Great, let´s pick up a shovel or build a shed together and it will all work out. I guess we´re looking for social loners, and not for lonely socializers 😉 Plain, practical and simple.
Eco Living Portugal is not an eco village
Kids & Family Time
Joining a start up yet existing eco village, community or even a tourism accommodation (=mini economy) is the best way to lower your risks. And thus to avoid having to do it all yourself, figuring it all out, starting from scratch, investing a lot of time and money, paying for your mistakes, getting physically and emotional drained. That´s a big win. But you have to realize that you still have to invest in your new life. As they say, the bills need to be paid, and in a pioneering stage there is no room for freebies. Same if you want to join Eco Living Portugal. After all, you can´t expect someone else to pay for your house, your garden or your business.
Social & in(ter)dependend
You can either join us on our own plot, another 2 hectares ´valley land´, well protected from the wind and bordering the 2,5 hectares from Quinta Rural. On the long term, we can see a maximum total of 2-3 sustainable bungalows and 1 restored granite barn on a total of 2.5 hectares ‘valley land’ (protected from the wind).
However, if you wish to privately own or rent your own plot, we will be more than happy to help you find the right piece of land or little house.
Earth restoration, the eco part
Build your own log cabin – Sustainable housing
Interested in joining Eco Living Portugal?
- Read all there is to read about our place, about Quinta Rural, about us, about working and living here, about North Portugal etc. (Most information available in Dutch and English – sorry dear Portuguese people, I just write 10 x slower in Portuguese and with 10 x more errors.)
- Fill out this questionnaire, honestly and truthfully. No use in pretending you are something you are not or to bluf about skills. That will just ´bite you in the ass´ eventually. And us.
- Wait. It might take us some time to contact you. We live in the real world, not the digital, as much as we can. We also may need some time to let your story sink in to get a clear picture.
- We will get back to you eventually and may ask you for additional information as well as respond to all of your questions.
- We will ask you to ´pitch´ your ´new life here´ to us
- Together we will decide if you will either come for a first quick meet and greet, or set a date to welcome you here for your ´trial period´.