To see / do:
- Porthouses, not only in the Douro valley but also across the old Ribeira : at Cais de Gaia: The city’s postcard skyline and the birthplace of one of the world’s most famous wines (Vila Nova de Gaia). The Ribeira and Gaia are connected by the Dom Luis Bridge; ironwork showpiece from before the Eiffel.
- Palácio da Bolsa, The exuberant interior of the former Stock Exchange Palace
- Igreja dos Clérigos and the Torre dos Clérigos
- Livrario Lello, volgens velen de mooiste boekwinkel ter wereld
- Sao Bento station with the typical Portuguese ´azulejos´ (hand painted tiles)
- Serralves museum Two buildings that are as much a work of art as the collections they exhibit inside, surrounded by a magnificent park.
- Casa da Musica, an architectural masterwork by world-renowned Dutch architect Rem Koolhaas.
- Sao Francisco church: One of Europe’s most extraordinarily lavish church interiors, completely covered in gold.
- Pilgrimage village Lamego
Traveling time Quinta Rural – Porto: 1 hour and 15 minutes by car, 97 km. Bus from Cabeceiras de Basto (8,5 km from Quinta Rural) 1,5 hour
Dynamic frameworks – In sollicitudin ante ac magna ornare convallis. Fusce ullamcorper pretium hendrerit. Proin vel ligula quis erat elementum vehicula.
Envato – In sollicitudin ante ac magna ornare convallis. Fusce ullamcorper pretium hendrerit. Proin vel ligula quis erat elementum vehicula.